Notice: Undefined variable: adsns_count in /home/cavsxxsg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/adsense-plugin/adsense-plugin.php on line 346
The Suns made one more play that cooled off the Cavaliers. That play came from the only shot Shawn Marion made all night. That shot was the one they absolutely had to have. It was a baseline floater with 1.1 seconds left.
After calling a timeout, Cleveland had trouble getting the ball inbounds before Damon Jones fired up a 3-pointer that was way off at the horn.
“A great, great win,” Phoenix guard Steve Nash said. “We didn’t get many calls or have many bounces go our way — until the end.”
- The Suns had season-high 17 3-pointers. That was an arena record and the most ever by a Cavaliers opponent.
- Cleveland scored 69 points in the opening half, but only 39 after halftime on 15-of-42 shooting.
- James scored 36 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists to lead the Cavaliers.
- That was the third lose for the Cavaliers in 14 games.
- Larry Hughes finished with 25 points and was 10-11 from the free throw line. He added eight rebounds. This is his second-highest scoring output of the year.
- Daniel Gibson tied his season high with six rebounds. He added seven points and five assists.
- Over his last six games, Zydrunas Ilgauskas is averaging 15.3 points on .611 shooting and 8.0 rebounds per game.
- Ira Newble started for Cleveland at shooting guard. He didn’t score in 12 minutes.
- The Suns have won 15 of their past 18 against the Cavaliers.
Lebron James kicked a trash can in disgust on his way to Cleveland’s locker room.
News from local media:
Long-distance loss, Suns make record 17 3-pointers, stop Cavs (Akron Beacon Journal)
Newble gets surprise start (News-Herald)
Suns win on Marion’s floater (The Arizona Republic)