Notice: Undefined variable: adsns_count in /home/cavsxxsg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/adsense-plugin/adsense-plugin.php on line 346
The Cavaliers defeated the Pistons last night for the third straight time this season. With the Pistons struggling, they have beaten all five of the NBA’s division leaders on the road except for Cleveland.
- The Cavaliers now held their ninth straight opponent under 100 points, that is the longest streak in the NBA.
- The Cavaliers improved to an astounding 36-1 at home and are now one short of the club record for home wins, set in 1988-89 season.
- The Cavaliers are now 61-13, best in the NBA and three games ahead of the Lakers.
- Cleveland went 16-1 in March, tying the NBA record for wins in one month. Five previous teams won 16 games in a month, most recently the Spurs in March 1996 (16-0). Remember, the Cavaliers won 17 games all season before they drafted Lebron James in 2003.
- LeBron James finished March with 479 points, 152 rebounds and 143 assists. The only other player in NBA history to reach each of those totals in one month is Oscar Robertson, who did it in eight separate months, most recently in January 1965.
- Zydrunas Ilgauskas played in his 700th career game on Tuesday night. He is now just the third Cavalier to play in 700 games.