Flash Seats was introduced to Cavaliers season ticket holders in the 2006-07 season. This concept, similar to the e-ticket in the airline industry, allows season ticket holders to manage their season tickets via the Internet. It also gives them the ability to sell, buy and transfer seats through a marketplace endorsed by the Cavaliers.
You can choose any convenient form of electronic ID (credit card, driver’s license, etc.) as your method of getting in to the arena. Your card will be swiped by a Guest Services representative using a hand-held device.
If you are buying tickets through Flash Seats, here are some tips:
- Download the Quicken Loans Arena seat guide form here.
- Find the retail value of your tickets. For example, if you are in Loudville center, the retail value for first round is $57.
- Watch for the “Connection Fee” charged by Flash Seats. When your bid to buy tickets is accepted, Flash Seats adds a connection fee, which is charged to the buyer. The Fee is 20% of the purchase price plus $1.50 per ticket.
- Place a bid below the seller’s ask price. Flash Seats allows you to set an expiration date and time or you can retract your bid anytime before the seller accept your bid.
- Playoffs tickets are hard to get, so don’t expect the seller to sell their tickets below retail value.
- Don’t bid on more than one listing. You might get stuck with both.
If you have any tips on using flashseats, please feel free to share them here. Good luck.